7 Christmas trees not to miss in London
Posted on November 30th, 2021
Christmas in London is fabulous as it sparkles over the festive season. This year there are definitely 7 Christmas trees you must see in London. This year Christmas trees, sparkling angels, shop facades and doorways, seem to shine more than ever.
There are a couple of areas that sparkle more than others, and worth making the journey into town to enjoy. The creative Christmas trees definitely make the walks around town more fun.
This month Tom, the Gourmet Guy has given you his top 7 London bars. Worth a read if you are planning a day out. Book ahead for a winter warmer in some of London’s beautiful bars or restaurants.
7 Christmas trees you must see
- Christmas begins for me at Claridge’s hotel. Each year a designer comes in and transforms the hotel lobby. This year it is under the curation of Mr Kim Jones at Dior.
- The Connaught around the corner has their Christmas tree art collaboration; Annie Morris Studio and Idris Khan Studio have their distinctive style ready to stop you in your tracks.
- Television Centre in White City, is looking very pretty covered in bows, by tablescaping Queen Fiona Healey, who has added her magic touch this year.
- Covent Garden for the tree that gets covered in snow… every 30 mins from midday – till 7pm daily.
- Natural History Museum is having its last hurrah.. Don’t miss the opportunity to skate alongside the historic building, under the lights and around the festive Christmas tree.
- The London Edition | Partnering with London artist Ed Curtis and the charity Choose Love. Order a Savoia le Fizz and 10% of all sales go towards the London based charity. Highlighting the need for the funds to support refugees around the world.
- The Corinthia | Set Amongst the multitude of Christmas trees you will find a set of angel wings for all those photo moments. #theremustbeanangel
For a little extra …
- Trafalgar Square | Since 1947 the tradition is that every December we are gifted a Norwegian tree from our friends in Olso.
- Somerset House | The spectacle of ice skating in the John Nash Courtyard never grows old – that and one of the delicious hot chocolates from Fortnum & Mason.
- The Lanesborough | If there was a 70’s silver disco in town it would have to be at The Lanesborough with their silver balls. Festive d i s c o fun!
CHRISTMAS DECOR HAS NOW ALL BEEN REMOVED – JANUARY 2022