Christmas in London
Posted on November 19th, 2017
Christmas is coming. The lighting up in London this week, mean the festivities have started. Christmas is on our doorstep. What can you do to get organised to keep the festive spirit up? Ahead of our Super 7 for December, we thought this would help you look & book ahead.
My London Christmas Magic 7
I have through my various resources, come up with my Magic 7 for Christmas this year in London.
- Ice Skating It’s funny how I always envied New Yorkers and the Rockefeller Centre. Now London has the BEST landmarks, that knocks New York straight out of the park! By day choose The Tower of London or The Natural History Museum. By night I would favour the Club Nights at Somerset House with a little Fortnum’s mulled wine. It is as much fun to watch as it is to participate, trust me! Skylight is London’s first rooftop ice rink at the top of Wapping’s car park. You can’t pre-book Skylight, and no under 18’s after 6pm.
- Ice Karting How much fun would this be for the family? Tuesday & Sunday evenings in Bayswater. Think of James Bond… just a little – OMG I want to do this myself!! Over 18’s only. Westbourne Grove has good local eats for after.
- Theatre choices : It’s Christmas, it should be fun. My choice this year is Five Guys Named Moe. It’s New Orleans Jazz, you know the songs, it has that feel good factor. Alternatively tradition at The Old Vic and A Christmas Carol.
- Christmas at Kew: Book your tickets to this now. It sells out every year, and every year I miss it. The Press Preview next week, and I have an invitation. I will write up a blog post on what you can expect – I’m expecting to be EXCITED!
- Carol Services: It is a lovely excuse to support charities and go to one of the many carol services taking place in December. Carols by Candlelight at The Royal Albert Hall is just magical. I’ve yet to meet anyone who has been and not loved it, myself included.
- Christmas Lights in London: London is looking magical, and we aren’t even into December. Every year, we go up into the West End to just wander around and look up. This year you can do it by bike. Yes The Christmas Lights Tour is a thing with the London Bicycle Tour Company. On until 6 January 2018.
- BB Christmas Tea Bus: Deliciously indulgent, fun, and a wonderful way to see the sights of London on a London Routemaster bus, whilst enjoying afternoon tea. Fun for all ages.
Ask Italian. They have disco balls for your cocktails over the Christmas – as they say… follow me to the disco ball. I shall be trying this for sure.
Greenwich Winter Festival 1-31 December. A ticketed event, but with a abundance of things to do down there, you couldn’t ask for a more beautiful setting.
Southbank Sauna. Yes there’s a sauna on the rooftop of the Elizabeth Hall. Get hot & steamy London.
Winter Wonderland. Hyde Park for an expensive Christmas Experience, but one which seems to delight children, as they bleed their parents wallets.
Igloos on the Thames. There are Igloos. Supper is pricey if you take the whole thing, but you can eat & drink all day to take in that amaazing view.
Happy Holidays, and enjoy the recommendations.