Valentine’s Day to go…home
Posted on January 29th, 2021
Valentine’s Day couldn’t be more different this year, could it? However, in London everyone from your top chefs to your local restaurants have you covered.
Nearly all my favourites are offering a Valentine’s Day to-go…home. I wanted to throw some ideas out to you, be ahead of the game and book as soon as you can.
Order a food box to go and make up a meal together. Alternatively send a box of treats to someone you care about. Surprise them! If we have had to learn anything about this pandemic it is to think of others on days that can feel quite lonely.
My mix of six Valentine’s Day to go… home
- Hélène Darroze at The Connaught. Hélène and her team have acquired their 3rd Michelin Star this week. This therefore is top of the list when she reveals her Valentine menu this weekend. Keep your eyes peeled.
- Alternatively.. think Pizza. Jean Georges at The Connaught is serving up super swanky heart-shaped pizzas for take-away 8-14th February, and Franca Manca at Home are doing Pizza in the Post. Booking essential. Who can resist heart-shaped pizzas…?
- In West London Sam’s Riverside is offering a 5 course menu, with either beef or seafood. Alternatively, create your own Sam’s larder hamper for delivery. The menu will be available over the whole weekend 12-14 February. Order by 10 Feb.
- On a smaller scale, but no less special, send a friend a Valentine’s box of Laduree’s macarons. Nothing pleases my husband more, so I know these would be a huge success.
- Rick Stein Food Boxes. Their Valentine menus have already sold out, but you can order a breakfast box. Alternatively pick one of their many delicious food box choices for another day. Highly recommend having eaten at his restaurant many times.
- Finally, Afternoon Tea with a difference. Firmdale Hotels have teamed up with Sipsmith. Send your loved one an Afternoon Tea with a Sipsmith Hot Mulled Sloe to enjoy with their truly delicious afternoon tea. If this isn’t a Valentine pick-me-up I don’t know what is. Booking early is essential.
I hope you have enjoyed my little Valentine special. Do let me know if you pick one of my choices. Enjoy!
Food is symbolic of love, when words are inadequateAlan. D. Wolfelt