The Platinum Jubilee | Celebrating in London
Posted on April 30th, 2022
It is only another month before we will be celebrating HM The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. To be living through this moment in history is quite extraordinary. On 7 February, Queen Elizabeth II became the longest reigning monarch, marking 70 years of service.
We were in Green Park for the 41 gun salute by The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery, with their 71 horses and six World War era gun carriages. It was spectacular to stand outside Buckingham Palace and watch these troops go past. HM The Queen is the first Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee.
Take advantage of everything that will be going on. Are you ready to party for the Queen?! There is a lot to look out for. I have curated a list of 7 things to do, with a few extras – because this year is going to be so EXTRA!
Platinum Jubilee | My top 7
1. Superbloom at Tower of London | Get tickets to walk around the moat surrounding the Tower of London which has been planted with special blooms for the Jubilee. Open 1 June – 18 September
2. Hampton Court Palace | Pick your favourite knight for some Jubilee Jousting at Hampton Court Palace. Historic pomp, splendour and ceremony. 1 – 5 June
3. Buckingham Palace Summer Opening | The magnificent state rooms will be open to visitors over the summer. 22 July – 2 October
4. Windsor Castle | This will be THE palace to view the Queen’s coronation dress, designed by Sir Norman Hartnell. 6 July – 26 September
5. Trooping the Colour | The Queen’s birthday parade and review. It starts on 21 May, ahead of the real performance along The Mall on Thursday 2 June. Tickets will sell out, but you can hang out on The Mall and watch the parade as it passes by.
6. Royal Ascot | Her Majesty loves racing. Share her passion with a day out and be tempted by Michelin star chefs to feed and water you at Royal Ascot. 14 – 18 June.
7. Diamond Days A Jubilee Celebration | Grab a picnic and head to Morden Hall Park and travel back in time with Queen Victoria’s Jubilee at the Open Air Theatre. 18 – 19 June
Platinum Jubilee | A few extra ideas
Head to Mayfair on 2nd & 3rd June for a Jubilee picnic. Set up in Grosvenor Square there will be a 200ft banqueting table. Bring your own picnic, or wander around the local eateries and pick and mix along the way, from Connaught ice creams to the Mayfair Chippy and a Nyetimber sparkling wine bus to keep you hydrated. Just a few of the many restaurants involved.