Your guide to outdoor terraces in London
Posted on July 1st, 2023
Your guide to outdoor terraces in London this summer is here. And who doesn’t love a little bit of outdoor dining, or a relaxed sundowner with a beautiful London sky to look at. I have created your essential 2023 guide to London’s outdoor terraces for that pink sky sundowner or those long summer lunches.
Some a little more secret than others, all of them winners and all of them gorgeous. Most I’ve tried, but there are a couple that have come highly recommended so I’ve had to include them.
I tried to edit the outdoor terrace to a super seven list. It was impossible, because there are too many good ones.
In no particular order, this is your essential guide for outdoor dining this summer in London.
London Outdoor Terraces
- Studio Frantzen in Harrods. My top restaurant for 2023. Having been lucky enough to see in the new year I can safely say the terrace here is incredible. Closes at 11.00pm.
- Gold Notting Hill. It’s tiny, but if you can get a table at the very top of the restaurant, you can be there until the sun goes down.
- The Broadcaster in White City. Like a sandwich located in between White City and Westfield. Excellent food and cocktails.
- Peggy Jean in Richmond. I just love the whole vibe of sitting here on the river and watching life go by.
- Hamyard for rooftop drinks & bar snacks in a hidden oasis, bang in the middle of Soho. It’s always a winner.
- The Summerhouse. A restaurant on the water in Little Venice, this gorgeous spot continues to be a favourite for locals. If you have a riverside view you are literally eating on the waters edge as you watch the boats and swans.
- Royal Opera House in Covent Garden. This rooftop terrace was once a secret, no longer… Summer nights are busy, but head up at lunchtime and you have a winner on your hands.
- Seabird at The Hoxton. Seafood summer love from this tried and tested restaurant. The rooftop London views are amazing…
- Toklas. This place is delicious, and perfect for bite to eat on their little hidden terrace just behind 180 The Strand.
- Joia Rooftop. Once you find this place it’s winner. Views over West London from the top of Joia Battersea in the Art ‘Otel, perfect for tapas and cocktails.
- The Berkeley Rooftop. For the first time, they have opened up their new pool with exceptional views for evening cocktails. Definitely worth a visit.
- Maene in Spitalfields. This comes highly recommended, so I’ve yet to try it out, but it is definitely on my list for summer.
You can also check out Gourmet Guy’s Guide to 7 outdoor terraces from 2022 in addition to the above.