How to feed ourselves whilst social distancing
Posted on March 22nd, 2020
This post is very much geared towards Londoners, and the services available in London whilst the city is on lockdown. The hospitality industry has been so hard hit, it is difficult to comprehend.
However, as Londoners go we are a resourceful lot, and I have listed 7 sources for you to help get the best out of London right now. To the best of my knowledge the links are all correct at the time of posting, but as we know in an ever changing world this could change day by day.
- Luke Abrahams has done an article in Town & Country on restaurants available for take away in London. These include some of London’s top hotels whilst social distancing.
- Clerkenwell Boy has collated a restaurant list that is constantly updated on restaurants all over London that are also doing take away service.
- Crosstown Collective. The team behind Crosstown Doughnuts are putting together retail food boxes that they will deliver within London from Monday 23 March. I have linked it, but be patient as I suspect they are overwhelmed since launching, to get a delivery slot.
- How can you boost your immune system and stay healthy working from home? Nutritionist Clarissa Lenherr is doing a live webinar with a Q&A on Monday 23 March at 6.30PM GMT. If you have any questions you want answered, email Clarissa and she will do her best to answer them.
- Covent Garden fruit and veg suppliers are delivering food boxes to Londoners. Click here for a list of suppliers and their costs. All these suppliers are usually feeding London’s top restaurants, so it is another great way of supporting the hospitality industry whilst social distancing.
- Instagram foodies have taken to sharing cookery classes. One of our favourites is Bread Ahead bakery who are doing some online baking lessons at 2pm every day. Click the link to see what they have lined up. I’ll be there – will you? It gives you a list of ingredients to get ready.
- The Langham Hotel’s instagram feed are showing you how to make a classic cocktails. After all, we all need to say cheers at some point don’t we?
I will update this as & when I find new initiatives that I think will interest you. I have done another post with 7 thoughts and ideas to escaping self isolation at home, if you fancy that read.
In the meantime, please stay safe and stay social distancing