Six spots for Brunch
Posted on October 23rd, 2020
When your curfew stands at 10pm, then eating out early becomes really appealing. We have been treating ourselves to brunch most weekends lately, so I thought I would highlight just a few of my favourites spots for brunch.
Maybe you love the pancakes, the traditional full english, here is a mixture of it all. Some have outside space, so perfect if you want to meet friends, otherwise head inside to your table for two or with your bubble.
My six brunch spots
- Stanley’s Chelsea : New to their Sunday menu is an excellent brunch. The menu is varied and is more substantial than their evening menu. Wash it down with a spicy bloody mary. Outside seating available.
- A.O.K Kitchen : In the heart of Marylebone on a quiet corner sits this fabulous little restaurant – the perfect brunch spot. We had gone for lunch, but they insisted on trying their pancakes which are legendary on their brunch menu. They weren’t lying. They were melt in the mouth delicious. Outside seating available.
- VARDO Restaurant : I love Vardo. They are part of the Caravan group, and I am happy here for breakfast, lunch or dinner. However, I love their coffee, and their full english is my husband’s favourite for brunch. Outside eating available weather dependent in Duke of York Square.
- Daisy Green Collection : An Aussie brunch is one of life’s simple pleasures. This is the motto of the DG founder Pru Freeman. They do epic bottomless brunches for 100minutes. Need I say more… pick one of their locations and make that booking!
- The Buttery : In lockdown the Buttery was created within the Lime Tree Hotel in Belgravia. Serving up delicious brunch daily until 2pm in this exquisite quiet space, it really is a LLW. They have great deals on rooms if you want an overnight stay in London. Outside seating weather dependent.
- Bourne & Hollingsworth : Weekend brunches here are legendary. East London or their Garden Room in Central London when it re-opens. Banana pancakes were the best, but again Mr B couldn’t resist the Full English. If you fancy a read of my original B&H blog post, it’s here. No outside eating.
- EXTRA : The Savoy Grill. We went for a sumptuous breakfast here recently. For the first time the Gordon Ramsay restaurant is serving breakfast, so if you want something really special this is where you should go. Be sure to order the Eggs Benedict…just saying!
If you have any other ‘Brunch Spots’ you think I should know about or should feature, please let me know. I’m always up for trying new spots.